Developing our guidelines with your help
The BASHH Clinical Effectiveness Group (CEG) develops national guidelines for the management of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and related conditions. The purpose of these guidelines is to make clear recommendations for health care practitioners (e.g. doctors and nurses) looking after patients with sexual health concerns and problems.
In order to make sure that the guidelines we produce focus strongly on the patient, we aim to have patient members working in all of our guideline groups.
How do I get involved?
- Current Opportunities
- There are no opportunities available currently
- BASHH Policy for Public Involvement
Helping us to develop our patient information leaflets
BASHH produce a number of leaflets, which aim to provide patients with up to date and evidence-based information about sexually transmitted infections. Our public panel reviews all patient-focused information to make sure that it understandable and relevant.
Join our public panel
The BASHH public panel aims to make sure that BASHH is responsive to the needs of the public and that its work is focused on the people who matter - patients.
- What is the public panel?
- Who are the current members of the panel?
- If you work for a sexual health focused organisation and would like to get involved - Click Here for a person specification for the role. If you are interested in applying, please send a CV and a short covering letter letting us know why you would like to be involved.
- If you would like to get involved as a lay member, please contact our public panel team @ firstname.lastname@example.org with a short (200-300 word) statement telling us why you would like to be a member of the panel.
Find out more about public engagement at BASHH
If you would like to know more about BASHH and how to get involved, then drop us a line at: email@example.com